11 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Bananas
Bananas are incredibly healthy, convenient, delicious,
and one of the most inexpensive fresh fruits you can buy.
This makes them an excellent choice for anyone interested in eating healthy.
Here are 11 science-based health benefits of bananas.
1. Rich in nutrients Bananas contain a fair amount of fiber and several antioxidants. One regular-sized banana (126 grams) also boasts.
2. May improve blood sugar levels Bananas are rich in soluble fiber. During digestion, soluble fiber dissolves in liquid to form a gel.
3. May support digestive health Dietary fiber has been linked to many health benefits, including improved digestion.
4. May aid weight loss No study has directly tested bananas’ effects on weight loss.
5. May support heart health Potassium is a mineral that’s vital for heart health, especially blood pressure management.
6. Full of antioxidants Fruits and vegetables are excellent sources of dietary antioxidants, and bananas are no exception.
7. May help you feel fuller The soluble fiber in bananas may help keep you full by adding bulk to your digestive system and slowing digestion
8. May improve insulin sensitivity when unripe Insulin resistance is a significant risk factor for several chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes.
9. May improve kidney health Potassium is vital for healthy kidney function and blood pressure regulation.
10. May support exercise recovery Bananas are sometimes referred to as the perfect food for athletes.
11. Easy to add to your diet Bananas are not only incredibly healthy but also one of the most convenient snack foods around.
Former Ohio State defensive end Sum Hubbard returns fumble return 98 yards. Twitter reacts.
Click to Explore