Ohio State football. It’s on the shortlist of the greatest college programs of all time.
Look up historical stats and records when it comes to team and individual awards,
and the one draped in scarlet and gray can be found anywhere and everywhere in the game.
But what about when we examine the OSU football program against itself?
There are a lot of records etched and woven into the program’s history. Some seem pretty achievable,
while others have stood the test of time and seem like they may never be broken,
especially with the style of play shifting to a more wide-open game.
We decided to pour through the Ohio State football record books,
and ranked the top ten most unbreakable offensive records on the banks of the Olentangy.
Here is our list of the top ten most unbreakable Ohio State football records from the offensive side of the ball.
10. Career Rushing Touchdowns The Record 56 TDs (1973-1976)
9. Career All-Purpose Yards The Record 6,559 yards (1972-1975)
8. Career Total Offense The Record 12,697 yards (2014-2017)
7. Career Touchdowns Responsible For The Record 147 TDs (2014-2017)
6. Single-Game Rushing Yards The Record 331 yards (2020 vs. Northwestern)
5. Career Rushing Attempts The Record 924 attempts (1973-1976)
4. Single-Game Receiving Yards The Record 347 receiving yards (2022 Rose Bowl vs. Utah)
3. Single-Game Rushing Attempts The Record 44 attempts (1972)
2. Career Rushing Yards The Record 5,589 yards (1972-1975)
1. 100-Yard Rushing Games The Record 34 (1972-1975)